Monday, July 2, 2012

God's Goodness..

It has been a few days since my last update. Sunday night I started fevering pretty badly. All day yesterday I was in bed. It was super discouraging because I couldn't be with the team or do anything. When I tried to get up I felt extremely dizzy, weak and naucious. I litterally couldn't go anywhere. I was a bit overwhelmed. I really started missing home because I hate being sick without my mom being there. But when I tell you this team is amazing, they are AMAZING! I was prayed over twice, some of the guys took our broken fan and gave me their's to keep me cool. They went to the market and got me some cold water. The girls came and checked on me and soaked a shirt to cool down my back. Sarah trekked through Thamel to find me anti-nausea medicine. 

We are reading a book about some of the attributes of God. The first one is about His goodness. It was in such perfect timing that we read this. One of my favorite quotes was this, " Ultimately, God isn't good because he does good things for us. And God isn't good because of something in us. God is good because of something in him. He can be nothing else. Both God and his choices remain good, even when they may not feel or look particularaly good to you." God isn't good or not good based on our circumstances. Even yesterday when I was sick, He was still good. Our circumstances don't determine the goodness of God. Just like we are sin, God is good. ALL THE TIME. I am so blown away by that. 

Last night I didn't fever. Last night was also the first night I slept all the way through the night without waking up. I woke up this morning feeling 10x better. I am not naucious at all, not so weak, and can actually walk around without feeling like I'm going to hurl or fall over. God is so good. 

I know alot of you were praying for me through that yesterday and I want you to know that Jesus heard you. I am so blown away by his goodness right now I could dance. Maybe I should? ;) I love each one of you very much & I am so very thankful for you! 

And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is make perfect is weakness. Most gladly, therefore, I will boast about my weakness, that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore, I am well content wtih my weaknesses, with insults, with distress, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weakm the I am strong." -2 Cor. 12:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment