Thursday, July 12, 2012

Cheers to Laughs and Monsoons..


Jamashi! 
We have finally arrived in Pokhara! We got here on Tuesday afternoon and what a trip it was. It started with our bus arrived an hour and a half late, and finally getting on the road 3 hours late. Ke Garne? (What to do?) The trip here was gorgeous. I didn't want to sleep because the view was constantly changing as we drove through the mountains of Nepal. I was listening to worship music for a little while on our drive just watch out the window, Jesus was so there with us. I have these moments when His creation just completely takes me aback and I get overwhelmed with what He has given us. Once we got here on Tuesday we visited the Bethany Home. Bethany home started about 3 months ago and they now have 10 kids! Most of them are from outside villages where Nepali wasn't spoken so some of the kids can't communicate. These children were precious, just like every other house. It was exciting to see how much Tiny Hands in making a difference in Nepal for the least of these.

Yesterday (Wednesday), we woke up around 4:30am and went on a hike. We hiked to the top of Sarangkot and the view was breathtaking- even when it was cloudy. Hopefully we will be able to hike it again before we leave Pokhara and get a view with no clouds since the Himalaya's are in view on a clear day. Later in the day we visisted Paradise Childrens Home. We started playing outside with the kids as a monsoon downpour started. Most of the girls ran inside to stay dry but all the boys stayed outside to play soccer. Every once in a while I would go outside and watch the boys play, it was pure joy on each one of their faces- even the guys on the team! The down pour didn't effect them at all, if anything it probably made it more fun. As we were getting ready to leave, the kids got buckets of water and started to help our guys clean off the mud on their arms and legs. Watching these young boys learn how to serve was something incredible to experience.

After many laughs and hugs we left Paradise home and headed for Holy Home. As we were walking another monsoon down pour hit so all the girls rushed into the guys backpacks to steal their rainjackets so we wouldn't get too soaked. When we arrived at Holy home the guys stayed outside and played in the rain with those boys too. All the girls went inside, drank tea, and played "Calling all Vegetables" with the sweet Nepali girls. We laughed so hard and our lips became sore very quickly. In the game each person is a vegetable and when you call to eachother you cant show your teeth. The girls loved it and it was so sweet to hear the boys laughing outside as well when we were inside.

Today, we are hopefully going to get to go para-gliding. I am quite nervous since I don't do heights very well and I am not necessarily the most adventurous spirit. Someone very dear to me though told me to not say no to anything on this trip, so I am partially doing it for them as well. We will also be headed to the Dream Center land, I really encourage y'all to go to TinyHandsInternational.org and check out what they are doing here in Pokhara with the land- its some VERY exciting stuff!

I wish I could describe to you what I am experiencing with this team. I would have never guessed that these people would become my family so quickly. We are down to three and a half weeks till we come back home. Every time I say or think that I just can't believe we are this far into the trip. God has been so very good to us through all of the things we have experienced. Thank you for all your encouragments and messages I have recieved.

Please continue to pray for the team as we try to figure out where Jesus would have us serve for our last three weeks here. Pray that we would recieve it with open hands. Also, pray for our hearts as we are processing alot and seeing alot of things happen here.

View from our hike- not even from the top!

"Chains be broken, lives be healed." -Hillsong United



No comments:

Post a Comment