Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Officially Begun..

Today we finally arrive in Kathmandu. What a journey- 20+ hours of travel, then arriving in the morning and having to stay awake all day to try to beat jet lag. When we first arrived we came to the hotel and got all checked in. Then Sarah took us around Kathmandu and we got to experience some pretty crazy things right away. Walking on the road while motorcylces and cars are driving everywhere honking and barely missing your feet as you walk, that is something I have never experienced in the U.S. We then walked to a Buddist temple and it is nicknames "monkey temple" because there are monkeys everywhere. We really were just exposed to the poverty of Nepal and we started to talk about some issues this country faces. We also got to go to Tiny Hands offices. There we met the president, Jon and some of the Nepali staff. We came back to the hotel and were told that we were supposed to split up into small groups and go explore Kathmandu on our own. I went out with anna and austin.. we got lost. We thought we knew where we were going but evedently not. Finally, we gave up and turned around and tried to find our way back home-- and we made it! During that time I was a little anxious being in a new place and purposly not knowing where I was going but it was so good and so fun.

Our team is really starting to grow close together and it is exciting to watch. I cant wait to see what happens with us at the end of this time.

We were told today that we will leave for Pokrah on July 9th and be there for four days. While we are there we will explore the land that will be the dream center and some of the childrens homes there. I have been told its the most beautiful place on earth!

While we are in Pokrah we will also have oppurtunities to go para-sailing, on a safari, ride elephants, and rent motorcycles to drive around. Though I refuse to drive in this country, I will ride and try not to freak out.

Tomorrow we will be meeting Jon for breakfast, starting our Nepali language class, our study we are doing together and a scavanger hunt in Kathmandu. How exciting this journey is!

Please pray for my heart.. there have been a few times I have caught myself getting homesick and I dont want to allow Satan to use that as an attack. I want to use all that I am while I am here and not worry aobut what is to come and people back home. Pray for our team and that we will start bonding and growing closer together and to Jesus. Pray that we will rely on Him daily to be our strength and respond to what He is trying to teach us.

Love you all & Goodnight from KTM :)

No comments:

Post a Comment